EPISODE 43 | Conspiracy U with Scott Shay
Guest: Scott Shay, author of Conspiracy U, In Good Faith & Getting Our Groove Back; President of Chai Mitzvah, Chairman of the Board & Co-founder of Signature Bank
The academic world is supposed to be a place to open and expand minds, but some professors actively promote conspiracy theories about Israel and the Jewish people that do the exact opposite. Scott Shay has written a book about how this is happening on both the right and left sides of the political spectrum, especially at his alma mater, Northwestern University.
Like what we do? Then buy us a beer or three via our page on Buy Me a Coffee. #ConspiracyClearinghouse #sharingiscaring #donations #support #buymeacoffee
You can also SUBSCRIBE to this podcast.
- 02:26 - A book I didn't intend to write
- 04:39 - Whatsoever things are true
- 06:03 - Holocaust denial
- 09:46 - Not all professors
- 12:09 - Also on the left
- 14:37 - Oppressive hyper-whites
- 15:37 - A personal holocaust story
- 16:54 - "The Holocaust is overblown"
- 18:00 - Anti-Zionism is not (necessarily) Anti-Semitism
- 20:10 - Jewishness defined racially
- 22:15 - Where do we draw the historical line?
- 25:42 - Polarization & the demonized other
- 31:08 - Canary in the coalmine
- 34:32 - God-king pharaohs & super-authority
- 38:09 - Final thoughts
- Music by Fanette Ronjat
- Scott Shay's website
- Conspiracy U on Amazon
- In Good Faith: Questioning Religion and Atheism on Amazon
- Getting Our Groove Back: How to Energize American Jewry on Amazon
- Chai Mitzvah website
- Signature Bank website
Follow us on social for extra goodies:
- Facebook (including upcoming conspiracy-themed events)
- YouTube (extra videos on the topic, Old Time Radio shows, music playlists and more)
Other Podcasts by Derek DeWitt
- DIGITAL SIGNAGE DONE RIGHT - Winner of 2021 AVA Digital Award Gold & 2020 Communicator Award of Excellence for Podcasts and on numerous top 10 podcast lists.
- PRAGUE TIMES - A city is more than just a location - it’s a kaleidoscope of history, places, people and trends. This podcast looks at Prague, in the center of Europe, from a number of perspectives, including what it is now, what is has been and where it’s going. It’s Prague THEN, Prague NOW, Prague LATER.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.