EPISODE 78 | Khazar Love Triangle
An obscure 10th century confederation of Turkic-speaking peoples between the Caspian and Black Seas gets transformed through the power of imagination into anything and everything. The Khazars become symbols for a number of claims, including being the origin of the Cossacks (or at least some of them), the real Jews, fake Jews and more. Today, the Khazar Myth is often used to bolster antisemitic tropes, support pseudohistorical narratives and even justify invading another country.
Like what we do? Then buy us a beer or three via our page on Buy Me a Coffee. #ConspiracyClearinghouse #sharingiscaring #donations #support #buymeacoffee
You can also SUBSCRIBE to this podcast.
Review us here or on IMDb!
- 02:13 - Round and Round - The basic story, Dictionary of the Khazars
- 04:26 - Sub-culture - The Zaporozhian Cossacks, Kurgans, PIE
- 07:44 - State of the Nation - A thumbnail sketch of Jewish history, Ashkenazi Jews as Khazars, Zionism, Nazis
- 17:31 - Love Will Tear Us Apart, Again - Arthur Koestler and The Thirteenth Tribe, pseudoscience runs amok
- 20:11 - True Faith - Christian Identity and the Serpent Seed
- 24:39 - Touched By the Hand of God - Black Hebrew Israelites and more
- 29:45 - Shellshock - Black anti-Semitism and violence
- 39:45 - World in Motion - Don't paint everyone with the same brush
- 41:44 - Power, Corruption & Lies - Putin says Ukraine is full of Nazis
- Music by Fanette Ronjat
- Entry on Khazars in Encyclopaedia Iranica Online
- So, Who Were the Khazars?
- The Story of the Medieval European Jewish State – The Khazar Khaganate
- Dictionary of the Khazars: A Lexicon Novel in 100,000 Words by Milorad Pavic
- Did the Khazars convert to Judaism? New research says 'no'
- The Myth of the Khazar Conversion
- Terra Incognita: The return of the Khazar myth
- The “Khazarian Myth”: The National Identity of the Crimean Karaites
- The Story of a Euphemism: The Khazars in Russian Nationalist Literature
- The «Khazar myth» as perceived by the Eurasians and L.N. Gumilyov (in Russian)
- Ukrainian-Jewish Voices: The “Khazarian Myth"
- The Conspiracy of the Origin of Ashkenazi Jews
- The Origins of Ashkenaz, Ashkenazic Jews, and Yiddish
- Ashkenazi Jews Are Not Khazars. Here’s The Proof.
- No evidence from genome-wide data of a Khazar origin for the Ashkenazi Jews
- Jews Are Not Descended From Khazars, Hebrew University Historian Says
- "Khazar Origin" Myth Attempts to Deploy Erroneous History to Push Antisemitism
- Are We All Khazars Now?
- African-American Anti-Semitism
- From the archive, 1 July 1974: Martin Luther King's mother slain in church
- A chance encounter with Jersey City shooters left a hardworking cab driver dead, friends say
- Racist Black Hebrew Israelites Becoming More Militant
- Deep roots in history: The Russia–Ukraine clash
- The Art of Shifting Contexts
- An Antisemitic Conspiracy Theory is Being Shared on Telegram to Justify Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine
Follow us on social for extra goodies:
Other Podcasts by Derek DeWitt
- DIGITAL SIGNAGE DONE RIGHT - Winner of a 2022 Gold Quill Award, 2022 Gold MarCom Award, 2021 AVA Digital Award Gold, 2021 Silver Davey Award, 2020 Communicator Award of Excellence, and on numerous top 10 podcast lists.
- PRAGUE TIMES - A city is more than just a location - it’s a kaleidoscope of history, places, people and trends. This podcast looks at Prague, in the center of Europe, from a number of perspectives, including what it is now, what is has been and where it’s going. It’s Prague THEN, Prague NOW, Prague LATER
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.