Episode 12 | True Fictions - Because Reasons 2
Guest: John Poston, Theatrical Artist and Writer
So, just who are these "conspiracy theorists" anyway? I talk with John Poston about conspiracy thinking, true believers and debunkers, how humans create identity through narratives, tribal signalling, Homo Ludens and, of course, the JFK assassination.
- 01:35 - I Wouldn't Call Myself A Conspiracy Theorist But....
- 04:44 - Stories Are Awesome, Two Red Flags, Project for the New American Century
- 09:04 - Homo Ludens (Man the Player), Brains As Script Doctors, Harari & Shared Fictions
- 16:40 - AI Research & the Brain, the Power of Gossip
- 19:39 - Too Much Information Yet Also Not Enough, Some Ideas on JFK, Don't Be Naive
- 24:06 - Deeper Down the JFK Rabbit Hole, the Dog that Didn't Bark
- 33:25 - True Believers On Both Sides, History as Theatre, Magic Bullets, High Stakes Narratives, You're Probably Wrong
- Music by Fanette Ronjat
NEXT BECAUSE REASONS: Conspiracy Thinking in Eastern Europe
PREVIOUS BECAUSE REASONS: Misinformation & Pattern Recognition
Follow us on social for extra goodies:
Other Podcasts by Derek DeWitt
- DIGITAL SIGNAGE DONE RIGHT - Winner of 2020 Communicator Award of Excellence for Podcasts Series-Corporate Communications and on numerous top 10 podcast lists.
- PRAGUE TIMES - A city is more than just a location - it’s a kaleidoscope of history, places, people and trends. This podcast looks at Prague, in the center of Europe, from a number of perspectives, including what it is now, what is has been and where it’s going. It’s Prague THEN, Prague NOW, Prague LATER.